There is nothing like buying a home. Whether you’re a first-time buyer or a seasoned pro, the experience is complex; exhilarating; and, yes, sometimes stressful. That’s exactly why you need a trusted professional to look out for your best interests from day one, and to guide you through the entire process so you’ll feel great about your purchase, and the experience. Here is what to expect when working with me:
- Work with a lender to determine budget and loan parameters: If you don’t have a lender yet, or you’d like to compare loan offers, I have an extensive network of great mortgage specialists who can help you get started. Prequalifying with a loan approval in-hand is one of the most important things you can do to prepare to buy. And it is a requirement for me to have this prior to presenting an offer for you.
- Determining wants, needs and tastes: We can do this any number of ways…typically we will chat about what you are looking for, then I will set up a link to the active homes available with your parameters. At that point, I like to get together to view houses with you. The goal of viewing houses together, is to get your feedback, so I can begin to get to know your likes and wants and dreams. It is normal for the list of needs to change as we go, and I find that the more interaction and discussion we have about what we are seeing will help us find just the right home.
- Finding the right home and making an offer: When you’ve found the place you want to call “home,” we’ll talk about your offer strategy. You should have a good feel for the market and selling prices at this point. I will do all the research and gather all the documents you need to make decisions.
- Presenting your offer and negotiating: I am the type of broker who finds it effective to connect voice to voice with the listing broker. The relationships I have built over the years come in very handy when it comes to bringing confidence to the bargaining table. I will also ask your lender to send your loan approval letter and call the listing broker to follow up. I work very hard to get my buyers’ offers approved.
- Contract to Closing: Congratulations, your offer has been approved! Now I really get to work making sure all the details and timelines of the contract are followed. It can be stressful, but my proactive approach allows me to serve as a buffer for any potential problems. My experience and relationships with escrow, title, inspectors, lenders, and other industry professionals will ensure that we close as expected. I literally don’t rest until you have your keys in hand!.
I hope you will put my decades of experience to work for you when you’re ready to make a move. Even after the transaction closes, I still will act as your resource and keep you apprised of your home’s value through the years. You can always call me with questions, as I strive to be your broker for life.
[idx-platinum-system-link id=”17718-29952″ title=”Get a free mortgage estimate!” ]